Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
Serves: 6 (2 Muffins = 1 Serving)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 large eggs
- 6 large egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces sliced ham (about 4 slices) finely chopped
- 2 ounces reduced fat Swiss cheese chopped (I substituted cheddar)
- ½ cup finely chopped red or orange bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- Heat the oven to 350F degrees. Lightly spray a standard 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and egg whites. Season with salt and a pinch or two of black pepper. Mix in the ham, cheese, bell pepper and scallions.
- Pour about ¼ cup egg mixture into each muffin cup and carefully place in the oven.
- Bake until the eggs are set, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy or cool completely and store covered in the refrigerator.
Per Serving (2 omelette muffins):119 calories, 6 g fat, 2 g carbs, 0.5 g fiber, 14 g protein**I used all egg whites and didn't use any cheese to cut down on calories.
Thanks for reading & I hope you enjoy the recipe!! I did get this recipe from another site & will give you the site, just ask!
Connect on social media!
Instagram: nutrifitcle Twitter: nutrifitcle Facebook: NutriFit
Thanks for reading.
NutriFit is a locally and privately owned nutritional supplement retail company specializing in high-quality products, competitive pricing, nutritional information and excellent customer service.