I recently tried this recipe and was actually surprised on how well it turned out! You can basically use any brand/flavor of protein powder that you choose but keep in mind that I used a vegan/plant based powder so it will probably cook differently using whey. (I have allergies to dairy/eggs)
I used Steel Supplements Veg-Pro. But you can use any protein including whey. Core Nutritionals PRO has very good reviews for a powder that people like to bake with!
As you can see in the picture, I decided to go with banana, cinnamon, vegan butter and sugar-free maple syrup for my toppings!
1 scoop protein powder
1/3 cup almond flour
1/3 cup almond milk (or any milk)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda (to make them rise)
1/2 a mashed banana
spices of your choosing: cinnamon is nice here
touch of sweetener, such as 1-2 packets of stevia or 1/2 teaspoons liquid stevia. The Veg-Pro is already sweet enough for me. Up to you on this one!
- Add any type of cut up fruit in the mix, or for a topping.
2. Pour into lightly greased pan and cook on low/medium heat.
3. All protein powders cook at different temps so wait until you are able to slide the pancake around in the pan, even if there is some liquid on top. Once you are able to pick it up and flip it without the center breaking, do so.
4. Cook for roughly the same amount of time on the opposite side.
5. Once finished, put your toppings on and enjoy!
Nutritional Facts: For the pancakes only.(Using Veg-Pro Estimated)
Leave a comment
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …