Check out this low carb Taco Pie recipe. I've made this several times and it usually turns out great. I did add some of my own spices and toppings but those are totally optional.
- 1 lbs lean ground beef (I used turkey)
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning (Or one packet taco seasoning)
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream (I used about 1/2 to 3/4)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used Monterey jack)
- Preheat oven to 350F andspray a glass or ceramic 9-inch pie pan.
- Brown ground meat in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink, about 7 minutes, breaking up clumps with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add taco seasoning and stir until combined, then add water, reduce heat to medium low and cook a few minutes longer until sauce is thickened.
- Spread beef in prepared pie pan.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cream, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over beef.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and bake 30 minutes, or until centre is set and cheese is browned.
- Remove and let sit 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Top with sour cream, chopped tomatoes and chopped avocado, olives salsa etc.
Connect with me on social media!
Instagram: nutrifitcle Twitter: nutrifitcle Facebook: NutriFit
Thanks for reading.