Check out this delicious recipe for chocolate peanut butter protein muffins that are low in sugar and high in protein! The recipe looks complicated but it went fairly quick! Try it out and tag me in a post if you make them! @nutrifitcle
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon flax seed + 3 Tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup oats
- 1 scoop (about 1/3 cup) vanilla or chocolate protein (I used GAT Plant Protein)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (I used sugar free)
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- Preheat oven to 425F and line muffin tin.
- Start by combining 1 TBS flax seed with 3 TBS water, let settle for 5 minutes.
- In a small blender, grind up oats into flour. Transfer to small bowl and add protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, & salt. Combine and set aside.
- In large bowl using paddle attachment of stand mixer, or electric hand mixer, combine peanut butter (make sure it is stirred very well), mashed banana, maple syrup, and flax seed. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to large bowl and beat on low until almost combined. Add in milk, then using large spatula gently mix together until everything is combined. Batter will be very thick.
- Using large cookie scoop evenly disperse batter into lined muffin tin, about ¾ full. You should yield 9 muffins.
- Bake muffins for 5 minutes at 425F. While muffins still in the oven, reduce temperature to 375 and continue baking muffins for 7-8 more minutes*. Check muffins by inserting toothpick into center. Toothpick should come out with little to no crumbs. Allow muffins to cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
Connect with me on social media!
Thanks for reading.
NutriFit is a locally and privately owned nutritional supplement retail company specializing in high-quality products, competitive pricing, nutritional information and excellent customer service.