Check out this awesome recipe for a healthy protein muffin that actually tastes good. A lot of these protein treat recipes taste very dry, but these turned out great. You will need a variety of ingredients but it will be well worth the trip to the store!
Cook Time: 18-24 minutes
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 2/3 cup whey protein powder (Vanilla or Chocolate - I actually used Pumpkin Spice)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup chai or flax seed meal
- 2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated swerve sweetner
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond meal, protein powder, cocoa powder, flax or chai seed meal, coffee, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sweeter until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add half of almond flour mixture and beat until combined, then add almond milk. Add remaining almond flour mixture and beat until fully combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide batter between prepared muffin cups and bake for 18 to 24 minutes, until tops are set and a tester inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool for 5 mins and transfer to cooling rack until desired temperature.
Serves 12. Each muffin has 10g of carbs and 5g of fiber. Total Net Carbs - 5g
Per muffin: 254 calories, 21g fat, 11g protein, 10g Carbs, 5g dietary fiber, sugar should be around 3g depending on protein powder used.
Connect with me on social media!
Instagram: nutrifitcle Twitter: nutrifitcle Facebook: NutriFit
Thanks for reading.
NutriFit is a locally and privately owned nutritional supplement retail company specializing in high-quality products, competitive pricing, nutritional information and excellent customer service.