Hydration is imperative for optimal performance for all athletes. Most athletes do not become thirsty until more than 2% of body weight is lost. By this time, performance may have already begun to decline. When an athlete is adequately hydrated, their body can transport nutrients and oxygen to working muscles and aid muscle repair, remove lactic acid build up, eliminate nitrogenous waste and regulate body temperature.
Glaxon’s Astrolyte™ Hydrating Electrolyte Blend was formulated to deliver electrolytes, carbohydrates, and fluids in such a way that will minimize stomach upset and maximize intestinal absorption for delivery of energy to muscles. *
WHAT IS ASTROLYTE?
Glaxon Astrolyte™ is a comprehensive electrolyte blend that includes Sodium, Potassium, Magnesium, and Chloride. In addition to providing these crucial nutrients, Astrolyte™ also provides Fructooligosaccharides (FOS) prebiotic and Astragin™ to assist in the absorption of these minerals in both the small and large intestines.*
WHY WOULD I TAKE ASTROLYTE?
If you are looking to truly maximize your workouts, hydration is a very crucial component. For athletes, getting more than water in their system is crucial. Various salts can help stabilize your hydration levels and ensure various cellular functions occur properly. A lack of water and mineral intake frequently causes muscle cramps, a compromised ability to contract muscle tissue properly, and potentially increased muscle damage. Taking Astrolyte™ can help support optimal hydration and thus optimal performance.*
HOW DOES ASTROLYTE WORK?
Sweating during strenuous exercise frequently results in not only the loss of total body water, but also various mineral salts that are lost in sweat, which can lead to cramping and performance decrements. Astrolyte™ Hydrating Electrolytes works by replenishing the mineral salts and water that are lost through sweat and maintaining positive hydration balance in the body helping you perform at your most optimal levels.*
HOW MUCH ASTROLYTE SHOULD I TAKE AND WHEN?
Mix 1 scoop (1 serving) with up to 16oz (~500mL) of water or beverage of choice, vary the amount of liquid to taste. Half servings (½ scoop) may be taken in intervals. Consume daily at any time desired. Tastes best cold. Do not exceed 2 servings (2 scoops) per day.
Remember proper hydration is an all-day process. Take Before Exercise: consume 15-30 minutes prior to exercise. During Exercise: May enhance performance by delivering fluid and electrolytes during exercise. Recovery after Exercise: Re-hydration is a key component for maximizing recovery and adequately re-fueling for subsequent training sessions or competition.
TOP 5 ASTROLYTE STUDIES:
- Physiology of Electrolyte Transport in the Gut: Implications for Disease. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/cphy.c180011
- Development of hydration strategies to optimize performance for athletes in high-intensity sports and in sports with repeated intense efforts. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20840563/
- Muscle Cramping in the Marathon Dehydration and Electrolyte Depletion vs. Muscle Damage. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32796418/
- The effect of formulated natural sport drink containing sugarcane juice, calamansi juice, and fructooligosaccharide (FOS) on athletic gastrointestinal tolerance. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11332-020-00642-6
- Prebiotics, Bone and Mineral Metabolism. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00223-017-0339-3