EXTREMELY POTENT PREWORKOUT
- HIGH-IMPACT ENERGY & FOCUS POWERED BY DYNAMINE® & CAFFEINE Ɨ
- NOVEL PUMP MATRIX FUELED bY NITROSIGINE® & S7® Ɨ
- ENHANCED TRAINING ENDURANCE & ENERGY EXPENDITURE CATALYST Ɨ
What does it mean to be great? For some, it’s the number of trophies on the shelf from competing. For others. it’s the ability to dig deep to do what it truly takes to add slabs of lean muscle and drop body fat, smash lifting PRs and dominate every workout, day in and day out. Greatness is in all of us and it courses through our veins. Sometimes, we simply need to flip that switch and tap into our true potential. That is why we created Dragon Pharma Venom.
Formulated to be a no BS, high-intensity energy and focus driving catalyst, Venom leaves nothing to chance, addressing every angle of optimizing your performance potential. With high-intensity energy fueled by caffeine and the novel stimulant Dynamine®, and focus further driven by a synergistic combination of L-Tyrosine and Huperzine, you’ll be locked in to crush every workout.
Venom also addresses two critical components: Training endurance and blood flow. Not only are you getting a clinical dosage of beta alanine for helping to maximize your training endurance, we also include the research proven ingredients Nitrosigine® and S7®. These two ingredients work to maximize blood flow and vasodilation and maximize endogenous nitric oxide production, meaning that not only will you get better muscle pumps, but you’ll also increase nutrient delivery to your hard-working muscles and maximize your results.
Last but not least, Venom also focuses on maximizing the effectiveness of your training sessions by the inclusion of two potent ingredients that amplify calorie burning and energy expenditure: CaloriBurn GP® and Yohimbe. These two ingredients have been shown in research to increase calorie burning, activate brown adipose tissue and increase lipolysis (fat loss), meaning you’ll be supporting a leaner, more powerful physique as well.
When it’s time to push the limits of what you are truly capable of, flip the switch with Dragon Pharma Venom.
VENOM RESEARCH SUMMARY
Non-essential amino acid that makes up (along with the amino acid histidine) the complex amino acid carnosine; Maintains the pH balance in muscle tissue during exercise by removing excess hydrogen ions generated during training. Research has shown that it supports boosts in muscular output and anaerobic training endurance1
Shown to reduce the perception of fatigue and delay the onset of volitional exhaustion during training2
Though the mechanisms are still under research, data suggest that beta alanine can contribute to gains in lean muscle mass3.
Also known as Alligator Pepper or Grains of Paradise; Used traditionally as a pungent spice and is botanically in the same family as ginger, sharing many of the same bioactives
Appears to possess some anti-diabetic and anti-obese mechanisms4,5
Show to increase metabolic rate and enhance calorie burning; Activates brown adipose tissue (BAT) and converts white adipose tissue into BAT6.
A novel bonding of arginine, inositol and potassium silicate that combine to harness the coronary function-improving effects of both arginine and silicate in an inositol-stabilized form that delivers improved bioavailability of both the silicate and the arginine compared to traditional L-arginine alone
Research suggests that 1.5g of Nitrosigine® performs just as well, if not better than 8g of Citrulline Malate7
Works up to 500% more effectively than traditional Arginine HCL8
Significantly improves blood flow for muscle pumps via blood vessel relaxation9
Shown to improve ability to perform complex cognitive tests requiring mental flexibility, processing speed and executive functioning10
Promotes sustained muscle pumps and enhanced nutrient delivery11.
Low dose blend of seven plant-based ingredients that increases endogenous nitric oxide production
Shown to increase bioavailable nitric oxide by 230% above baseline12.
Naturally occurring amino acid found in the diet that is metabolized to produce catecholamines such as dopamine and adrenaline13
Seems to provide a 'safety buffer' of building blocks that can prolong the anti-stress effect of catecholamines by delaying depletion14
Shown to help decrease serotonin to dopamine ratio during exercise, decreasing the perception of fatigue15.
Central nervous system stimulant of the methylxanthine class; World’s most widely consumed psychoactive drug
Works by blocking the action of adenosine receptors, preventing the onset of drowsiness16; Creates alertness and wakefulness via antagonizing the adenosine receptors in the brain17
Shown to increase anaerobic running (sprint) performance and increase muscular power output18,19
Decreases the sensation of fatigue and increases mental performance20
Supports elevated mood state21.
Purine alkaloid found naturally in the Kucha leaf; Similar in chemical structure to TeaCrine®
Amplifies feelings of energy, mood and cognitive focus via activation of dopamine receptors and inhibiting adenosine receptors
Doesn’t elevate heart rate or blood pressure.
Amino acid that is considered non-essential; Deemed non-dietary amino acid that is primarily supplemented
Research shows increases in Alpha brain waves with decreases in Beta brain waves; Indicates more mental alertness with relaxation but without causing sedation22
Shown to work well with stimulatory ingredients such as caffeine as it can ‘take the edge’ or anxiety aspect away when paired; Additionally this combination has been shown to be beneficial for improving performance on cognitively demanding tasks23.
Naturally occurring alkaloid found in a tree native to western Africa - Can also be found in the plant Rauwolfia; Active alkaloid is Yohimbine
Shown to possess stimulatory properties; Acts through adrenergic system as an Alpha agonist and increases adrenaline and noradrenaline – potent CNS stimulants24
Areas of higher bodyfat tend to have more alpha-2 adrenergic receptors – Yohimbine binds to these receptors which inhibits the regulatory process in fat cells that normally blunts fat burning25
Research has shown that it can aid in maintaining lean muscle while dropping body fat26.
Compound extracted from the herbs of the Huperziceae family; Known as an acethylcholinesterase inhibitor meaning that it stops enzymes from breaking down acetylcholine (the leading neurotransmitter in the brain)27
Research indicates that it offers a neuroprotective effect; Has been shown to reverse or attenuate cognitive deficits28.
(1) Hobson, R. M. Effects of β-Alanine Supplementation on Exercise Performance: A Meta-Analysis. Amino Acids J. 2012, 43 (1), 25–37. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00726-011-1200-z.
(2) Zanella, P. Effects of Beta-Alanine Supplementation on Performance and Muscle Fatigue in Athletes and Non-Athletes of Different Sports: A Systematic Review. J. Sports Med. Phys. Fitness2017, 57 (9), 1132–1141. https://doi.org/10.23736/S0022-4707.16.06582-8.
(3) Smith, A. Effects of Beta-Alanine Supplementation and High-Intensity Interval Training on Endurance Performance and Body Composition in Men; A Double-Blind Trial. J. Int. Soc. Sports Nutr.2009, 6 (5). https://doi.org/10.1186/1550-2783-6-5.
(4) Hattori, H. Identification of Vanilloid Compounds in Grains of Paradise and Their Effects on Sympathetic Nerve Activity. J. Sci. Food Agric. 2018, 98 (12), 4742–4748. https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.9009.
(5) Mohammed, A. Inhibition of Key Enzymes Linked to Type 2 Diabetes by Compounds Isolated from Aframomum Melegueta Fruit. Pharm. Biol. 2017, 55 (1), 1010–1016. https://doi.org/10.1080/13880209.2017.1286358.
(6) Sugita, J. Grains of Paradise (Aframomum Melegueta) Extract Activates Brown Adipose Tissue and Increases Whole-Body Energy Expenditure in Men. Br. J. Nutr. 2013, 110 (4), 733–738. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0007114512005715.
(7) Rogers, J. Comparing the Acute Effects of Citrulline Malate and Nitrosigine Supplementation in Young Adults, 2019.
(8) Proctor, S. A Novel Complex of Arginine-Silicate Improves Micro- and Macrovascular Function and Inhibits Glomerular Sclerosis in Insulin-Resistant JCR:LA-Cp Rats. Diabetalogia 2005, 48 (9), 1925–1932. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00125-005-1862-8.
(9) Rood-Ojalvo, S. The Benefits of Inositol-Stabilized Arginine Silicate as a Workout Ingredient. J. Int. Soc. Sports Nutr. 2015, 12 (Suppl 1), P14. https://doi.org/10.1186/1550-2783-12-S1-P14.
(10) Kalman, D. Randomized Prospective Double-Blind Studies to Evaluate the Cognitive Effects of Inositol-Stabilized Arginine Silicate in Healthy Physically Active Adults. Nutrients 2016, 8 (11), 736. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu8110736.
(11) Komorowski, J. A Pharmacokinetic Evaluation of the Duration of Effect of Inositol-Stabilized Arginine Silicate and Arginine Hydrochloride in Healthy Adult Males. Nutrition 2016, 30 (1).
(12) Nemzer, B. Oxidative Stress or Redox Signalling - New Insights into the Effects of a Proprietary Multifunctional Botanical Dietary Supplement. Free Radic. Res. 2018, 52 (3), 362–372. https://doi.org/10.1080/10715762.2017.1390228.
(13) Fernstrom, J. Tyrosine, Phenylalanine, and Catecholamine Synthesis and Function in the Brain. J. Nutr. 2007, 137 (6), 1539S-1547S. https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/137.6.1539S.
(14) Agharanya, J. Changes in Catecholamine Excretion after Short-Term Tyrosine Ingestion in Normally Fed Human Subjects. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 1981, 34 (1), 82–87. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/34.1.82.
(15) Cordeiro, L. Physical Exercise-Induced Fatigue: The Role of Serotonergic and Dopaminergic Systems. Braz. J. Med. Biol. Res. 2017, 50 (12). https://doi.org/10.1590/1414-431X20176432.
(16) Ribeiro, J. Caffeine and Adenosine. J. Alzheimers Dis. 2010, 20 (Suppl 1), S3-15. https://doi.org/10.3233/JAD-2010-1379.
(17) Fredholm, B. Astra Award Lecture. Adenosine, Adenosine Receptors and the Actions of Caffeine. J. Pharmacolological Toxicol. Methods 76 (2), 93–101. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0773.1995.tb00111.x.
(18) Arcoverde, L. Effect of Caffeine Ingestion on Anaerobic Capacity Quantified by Different Methods. PLoS One 2017, 12 (6), e0179457. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0179457.
(19) Wilk, M. The Acute Effect of Various Doses of Caffeine on Power Output and Velocity during the Bench Press Exercise among Athletes Habitually Using Caffeine. Nutr. J. 2019, 11 (7), 1465. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu11071465.
(20) Maridakis, V. Sensitivity to Change in Cognitive Performance and Mood Measures of Energy and Fatigue in Response to Morning Caffeine Alone or in Combination with Carbohydrate. Int. J. Neurosci.119 (8), 1239–1258. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207450802333987.
(21) Dodd, F. A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study Evaluating the Effects of Caffeine and L-Theanine Both Alone and in Combination on Cerebral Blood Flow, Cognition and Mood. Psychopharmacol. Berl. 232 (14), 2563–2576. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00213-015-3895-0.
(22) Nobre, A. L-Theanine, a Natural Constituent in Tea, and Its Effect on Mental State. Asia Paciic J. Clin. Nutr. 2008, 17 (Suppl 1), 167–168.
(23) Owen, G. The Combined Effects of L-Theanine and Caffeine on Cognitive Performance and Mood. Nutr. Neurosci. 2008, 11 (4), 193–198. https://doi.org/10.1179/147683008X301513.
(24) Tam, S. Yohimbine: A Clinical Review. Pharmacol. Ther. 2001, 91 (3), 215–243. https://doi.org/10.1016/s0163-7258(01)00156-5.
(25) Galitzky, J. Alpha 2-Antagonist Compounds and Lipid Mobilization: Evidence for a Lipid Mobilizing Effect of Oral Yohimbine in Healthy Male Volunteers. Eur. J. Clin. Invest. 1988, 18 (6), 587–594. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2362.1988.tb01272.x.
(26) Ostojic, S. Yohimbine: The Effects on Body Composition and Exercise Performance in Soccer Players. Res. Sports Med. 2006, 14 (4), 289–299. https://doi.org/10.1080/15438620600987106.
(27) Zhao, Q. Effects of Huperzine A on Acetylcholinesterase Isoforms in Vitro: Comparison With Tacrine, Donepezil, Rivastigmine and Physostigmine. Eur. J. Clin. Pharmacol. 2002, 455 (2–3), 101–107. https://doi.org/10.1016/s0014-2999(02)02589-x.
(28) Wang, R. Neuroprotective Effects of Huperzine A. A Natural Cholinesterase Inhibitor for the Treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease. Neurosignals 2005, 14 (1–2), 71–82. https://doi.org/10.1159/000085387.